Engineering FIT Program
Fall 2023 Dates: August 11 – August 19
Want to get a headstart on the semester? The Engineering Forty-Niner Intensive Transition (FIT) program is an intensive transitional program offered to UNC Charlotte engineering students prior to the beginning of the fall semester. The program is an excellent opportunity to begin your college experience early, start with a solid engineering math foundation, get acclimated to campus early, and build a support system of peers and staff across campus. The program will benefit students who are starting at a Math Level 1-3.
Through FIT, students will have the opportunity to move into their fall housing assignment 1 week before the start of the fall semester. During this session, students will be enrolled in a 1-credit hour seminar course that reviews fundamental math concepts and practices applying math to real-life engineering problem-solving. Engineering FIT participants will also be assigned a peer mentor, engage with campus partners to learn about campus resources, and be introduced to academic support services and student engagement opportunities on campus.
Why Engineering FIT?
Engineering FIT will provide you with a better understanding of the expectations of being an engineering student. It will also provide campus resources and networking opportunities so that you will know exactly what is expected of you as you establish contacts early in your college experience. Engineering FIT benefits include:
- Reviewing key basic engineering math concepts
- Practice engineering problem-solving that you encounter in your ENGR 1201: Intro to Engineering or ETGR 1201: Intro to Engineering Technology and Construction Management classes
- Become familiar with the Charlotte campus, its resources, and support services
- Establish a sense of belonging in the College of Engineering and on campus
- Connect with opportunities to become involved and engaged on campus
- Engage in workshops that focus on social issues and acclimation to the university
- Learn how to utilize library resources
- Network with other incoming first-year engineering students with similar goals
- Develop strategies for navigating the rest of your experience at Charlotte